SpecMiataClassifieds.com - The Friendly FREE-for-All
December 18, 2017, 04:38:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out the virtual lounge. Pick on Bennett and Boemler, talk smack, or start a poll about something without an answer.  Got something of local interest? Try the new divisional swap meet and lounge areas.

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SA 2010 Helmet Group Buy  (Read 10828 times)
wilk3513

« on: November 10, 2010, 09:21:10 AM »

Have you dropped your helmet?  Is it ragged, scratched and dented?  Is it 5+ years old?  Starting next year, it is likely that your sanctioning body or DE club will no longer allow SA 2000 or older helmets to be used on track.

I am putting together a group buy for SA 2010 helmets for delivery in early 2011.  The vendor I am working with represents 6 different manufacturers: Arai, Bell, G Force, OMP, Pyrotect, and Simpson.  You will be able to choose any style and size from these manufacturers.  Cost of the helmet will be a percentage off and may vary by brand.  You will place your order with me and shipping costs will be established at the time you pay for your order.

At this point not all manufacturers have released their full line of helmets for next year so the deadline for placing your order will be January 7.  Then the vendor will contact you for your payment and shipping information and then ship directly to you by the first week of February.

As additional details are available, I will update this thread but in the meantime, go online and review your options and go out and try on what you like.  When you know what you want, send me your name, email address, phone number and make, model, and size of the helmet you want and I will add you to the list.  If you have any questions, please email me.

If you know of other threads where this group buy is applicable, please post it and let me know so I can update as necessary.

Ken Wilkinson
Wilk3513atcomcastdotnet
wilk3513

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 05:54:15 PM »

SA2010 Helmet Group Buy - Update
The group buy for helmets is still on but a bit delayed due to manufacturers delay in shipping inventory.
Helmets are available but not all manufacturers have shipped all models, sizes, and colors and as a result, the time line for the group buy has changed.
You should check with your sanctioning body to confirm when they will require more current Snell rated helmets.
Below is the list of the available manufacturers and the percent discount from the MSRP.  Each manufacturer will make available various models and sizes as they are received, the expected availability of the helmets is also shown below:

Manufacturer   Available                    Discount off MSRP
Arai      January         15%
Bell      Now thru February                20%
G-Force                Mid February      20%
OMP      Mid February      20%
Pyrotect                Now thru February                15%
Simpson*    Now thru February    14%

*Simpson colors (other than white) may take an additional 10-14 days as they are made to order.

Shipping costs are approximately $7-$13 UPS ground and will be confirmed with you when payment is made.

Here is how you can participate in this group buy:
1. Provide me with:
   Name
   Email address
   Daytime phone number
   Make, Model, color and size of the helmet you want

2. This information will be provided to the vendor and you will be contacted by them for your payment information and shipping address and confirmation of availability.

3. Because of the variability of the dates when inventory is available, this group buy will be ongoing until March 31.  This means that if you know what make, model, color, and size you want, and provide me with your order, and if the helmet is available, you will receive it promptly after making payment. 

If you have any questions, please let me know.  If you know of others who may be interested in this opportunity, please pass it on or if you know of other places where this should be posted, let me know.

Ken Wilkinson
wilk3513atcomcastdotnet
wilk3513

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 12:11:02 PM »

The group buy for helmets is up and running with several orders already filled.
Let me know if you are interested.
Ken
Jim Boemler
Driver
Needs a life!

I don't think we're in Memphis anymore, Toto!

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 12:21:51 PM »

I think I recall hearing that SA2000 helmets will still be good through 2011 in SCCA -- do I have it right?

Overheard at Alamagordo: "Just testing"
jigou
Driver

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 02:30:57 PM »

You're correct, Jim.

9.3.20.c.2, from the 2011 GCR (bolding is mine):

Crash helmets approved by the Snell Foundation with Snell
sticker 2000 or later Special Application (SA2000), or by the
SFI with a SFI Sticker 31.1a for open faced helmets and a SFI
sticker 31.2a for closed faced (if purchased prior to 12/31/04),
SFI 31.1 (if purchased after 1/1/05), or by the FIA standard
8860-2004, or British Standards Institute BS6658-85 type A/
FR. The back of each driver’s helmet shall be labeled with a
minimum of the driver’s name. The use of a head and neck
support system is highly recommended. As of 1/1/12, head and
neck restraints meeting SFI 38.1 or FIA 8858 will be required.
Accident damaged helmets should be sent by the driver or his
or her representative to the Snell Memorial Foundation, 3628
Madison Ave., North Highland, CA. 95660 (ph) 916-331-5073
(attn. Edward B. Becker). Details of the accident should be
included. Freon based total loss helmet cooling systems are
not allowed.
Jim Boemler
Driver
Needs a life!

I don't think we're in Memphis anymore, Toto!

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 04:09:32 PM »

Thanks.  I'm afraid between helmet and HANS, 2012 may price me out of the game.  Nice to know I've got one last year.

jim

Overheard at Alamagordo: "Just testing"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: