SpecMiataClassifieds.com - The Friendly FREE-for-All
October 21, 2017, 12:37:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out the virtual lounge. Pick on Bennett and Boemler, talk smack, or start a poll about something without an answer.  Got something of local interest? Try the new divisional swap meet and lounge areas.

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome to Spec Miata Classifieds  (Read 15618 times)
Steve Scheifler
Administrator
Needs a life!

Have Paper - Will File

« on: January 13, 2008, 11:53:23 PM »

Welcome to the new Spec Miata Classifieds site!  

If you are registering, we have had to lock things down a bit to keep the hoards of auto-spammers out.  So, PLEASE use a real email address, even if it is only a temporary one at gmail or yahoo.  That way if I'm not sure whether you are friend or foe I can email you before authorizing your account.  I check at least daily, but please be patient.

Use of this site is 100% FREE.  Posting in Classifieds is free, and vendors are welcome.  We even have a special place for you.  We don't accept have paid banners and don't even have a "Guilt Button" for donations.  The main rule is simple, racers can post anything they wish to buy and sell at no charge. Please use the Spec Miata sections only for cars, parts and accessories applicable to racing an SM.  (You can post your old refrigerator in the General Classifieds section. Smiley) Vendors can introduce themselves with a Vendor Profile, make product announcements, link to their website, and participate in Q&A about what they offer, all at no charge.  More rules will follow if needed, but only to prevent people from swamping the site with more than their share of self-promotion.

Besides the classifieds we have a lot of knowledgeable members willing and able to answer questions or debate topics realted to SM.  This is an uncensored site, at least to the degree that you are free to say anything and voice any opinion related to racing so long as it is not egregiously offensive to large numbers of people. (Edit: We have an intelligent and classy group here and I'm pleased to say that in almost three years now I have yet to feel I needed to edit or remove a single post, or even warn anyone for that matter.) If you want to call someone out or flame a person who wronged you, that's your business and theirs.  Sometimes public exposure serves the community.  Just keep it in mind that it is your reputation on the line if you come off as a jackass, not mine. 

We'll add and remove features as we hear from you about what you like and what you don't. Some of these ideas might seem crazy and they may not work if people aren't interested, but we're open to suggestions.

What's in this for us? Beats me, it just seemed like the thing to do because other sites have too many restrictions and way to dip into your wallet. 

« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 05:30:18 PM by Steve Scheifler » Logged

Steve Scheifler - Candidate for Spec Miata Tech Czar
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: